Web Development Associate Instructor
The ideal associate instructor candidate has a passion for teaching others how to code along with professional experience writing software for a minimum of 2 years.
Technologies Wyncode teaches:
- Ruby on Rails
- Agile methodology
Key attributes we look for when adding to our team:
- Positivity & Passion
- Finding and implementing ways for improvement at Wyncode in anything we do is highly encouraged on our team
- As a people business things come up where proactive measures ensure a great experience for everyone
- Self Starter
- Taking initiative is part of our hustle
- Goes the extra mile, never settles for status quo
- As a team that pushes the boundaries in everything we do, staying up to date with industry trends, innovative ideas and best practices is vital
- Enjoys a fast paced environment
- Wyncode is a fast-moving startup, and there will often be times when decisions must be made on the fly and/or multitasking is required to get things done
- Empathy is important to members of any team, but is underlined when in a teaching role. We strive to be supportive and encouraging to all students and team members.
As an Instructor:
- You help guide the learning process of each student in a helpful, encouraging and positive manner. Always ensuring punctuality and cooperation with fellow instructors, teaching assistants and students.
- You plan and deliver lectures, assignments, live coding and break out sessions
- You create curriculum content and homework
- You assist students with assignments and projects
- You provide feedback to students on their assignments and code in class, one on one sessions and online
- You ensure you are prepared for the day’s topic(s) by reviewing the lesson prior to delivering the lesson
- You contribute to the development and write code for Wyncode's internal applications and other tools used at Wyncode
- You attend and participate in Wyncode events
- You help promote the school to perspective students, hiring and community partners through events and the tech scene
Wyncode Academy is a leading accelerated learning program in Florida, licensed by the Florida Department of Education. Our programs transform ambitious individuals into programmers and designers with business acumen. In today’s technology-driven world it’s essential to learn both the technical and soft skills needed to be successful. Our programs do both. We equip individuals with the skills needed to build and create innovative products while immersing them in a vibrant ecosystem of talented individuals and great companies building great things.
Working at Wyncode means being a part of a passionate, dynamic and energetic team. We are laser-focused on one goal: immersing ambitious individuals in a demanding learning environment engineered to develop successful coders and designers with business acumen. We set the highest standards and we always hustle the extra mile. As a team and as individuals we strive for greatness. We listen and we’re there when our students need us. Our team embraces positivity and productivity. We also believe in and constantly implement agile and lean methodologies and use them in everything that we do as a team and in the classroom. Our Wynbase campus is located in the coolest neighborhood in Miami: Wynwood. We want to be in a place we love to work and those are also the places our students will love to learn too.
- Medical, Vision & Dental
- Weekly team lunches
- Quarterly team retreats
- Education Benefit
- Team European Trip