Head of Growth
Wyncode is a world class technology educator immersing ambitious individuals in a demanding and inspiring learning environment engineered to develop successful coders and designers with business acumen. We believe in a disruptive education model and feel that an immersive environment is the best way to learn practical and relevant technology skills quickly.
Since 2014, Wyncode has graduated over 450 developers working at more than 200 technology companies. We have been selected as the South Florida Business Journal Startup of the Year and the Miami-Dade Beacon Council Educator of the Year.
Wyncode is looking for a team member with a passion for user acquisition and activation. As the Head of Growth, you will report to the CEO and work with the Admissions and Marketing team. This role is responsible for Wyncode’s overall marketing strategy and execution of this strategy. This must be your passion and not just a job in order to succeed.
You will embody Wyncode’s core values: Build Community, Empower, Embrace Diversity, Hustle, Iterate & Innovate while striving to achieve our mission which is to develop successful coders and designers with business acumen. You will work with and support the Admissions and Marketing team while ensuring that Wyncode’s marketing is fully operational and processes are running smoothly. You will create a welcoming and collaborative community environment amongst our prospective, current and graduated developers, through events and building relationships.
Ultimately, your success will be determined by the number of qualified developers, designers and digital specialists attending Wyncode’s programs.
The successful candidate will have a history of startup success and will be specifically tasked with the following objectives:
- Establish marketing goals and strategies that ensure maximum market share and profitability for the company.
- Direct the development and management of both short and long term integrated Marketing & Sales plans that build brand awareness, establish differentiation, and drive profitable actions through paid, owned and earned media channels. Attack business issues with an analytical mindset and an understanding of practical tactics as well as broader strategic actions.
- Implementation of strategy across multiple channels, including digital, such as through Facebook and Instagram ads, Google AdWords, content partners
- Creation and management of email drip campaigns
- Optimization of website, including landing pages
- Act as thought-leader for the Wyncode brand including all aspects of brand management and marketing; external communications; industry relations; media relations; and sales and partner campaigns.
- Measurement of marketing results with constant iteration to improve outcomes
- Experience with event marketing and event organization, including regular events geared at consumer conversion
- Forge and foster partnerships and sponsorships with key technology events and organizations
- Develop and apply market research and consumer insights to: define business opportunities, identify and target markets, position the brand, assist with development of new products, and effective communication programs, and track and measure results.
- Regular reporting on all marketing initiatives, in a detail oriented data-driven approach
- Traditional marketing experience to maximize presence at industry trade shows and when using printed marketing collateral
- Leadership of a growing marketing team, including establishing clear responsibilities, communication and reporting
- Research and analyze, external forces and factors that may impact performance including economic, technological, competitive and demographics and recommend appropriate actions to capitalize on market conditions and minimize the effects of competitive activity.
- Report to CEO and Board of Directors on all marketing efforts
- Develop and effectively manage a complex financial budgets with financial controls
- Data driven
- Detail oriented
- Self starter who knows how to execute
- Minimum 3 years of growth marketing experience at a startup
- Experience managing online campaigns
- Direct to consumer marketing experience
- Experience working with analytics and budgets
- Experience managing people
- Proven understanding of principles and tools related to marketing analysis
- Ability to lead & drive multiple campaigns simultaneously
- A get it done attitude
- Health, vision and dental benefits
- Industry leading paid time off
- Annual education benefit
- Team off site retreats
- Team trip to Europe